Saturday, January 14, 2023

 "Everybody asks me what things mean in my films. This is terrible! An artist doesn't have to answer for his meanings. I don't think so deeply about my work - I don't know what my symbols may represent. What matters to me is that they arouse feelings, any feelings you like, based on whatever your inner response might be. If you look for a meaning, you'll miss everything that happens. Thinking during a film interferes with your experience of it. Take a watch into pieces, it doesn't work. Similarly with a work of art, there's no way it can be analyzed without destroying it."


- Andrei Tarkovsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                    - Lauren Oyler   Getting savaged in reviews for her new collection No Judgment (  a frea...